Friday, October 2, 2009

Who am I ?


Ahhhh, the question we all ponder at certain times in our lives. I must admit I probably ponder this question on a regular basis. 
     As a creator I am always looking to improve my life and explore what is all around me, as well as what yearns from within to get out, and I like to let it out, try it you'll like it too. 
     Marianne Williamson said in a cassette book I had listened to, I am paraphrasing; when talking about her interests and why she wouldn't take up a musical instrument. She realized she had been stopping her own growth because she couldn't be perfect at it. 
        I understand this I am a Virgo, but I try not to let it get in my way. Anyway now you know I do think Marianne has a lot to teach us about ourselves, I was so happy to be able to hear "A Course in Miracles" on the Oprah radio show, Marianne explained the principles so clearly. This is a complicated course I had attempted to take it once, but didn't have the time to commit, people study this course for years, with facilitators. 

Anyway today and for the last 50 something years,,, I have been, and sometimes still am,,,,,,

Well let me put some labels on myself not in any particular order:

Artist, Painter, Muralist, Illustrator, Portraitist, Writer, Poet, Costume creator, Documentarian, Producer, Creator, Visionary, Shaman, Healer, Pet Psychic, Graphic Designer, Merrymaker, Goddess, Mystic, Interior Designer, Mom, Girlfriend, Friend, Gourmet & Healthy Cook, Restaurant owner, Business Owner,  Animal Lover all kinds including wild ones, Culinary & Medicinal herb user(legal ones), Researcher, Inventor

I have learned that its better to think of yourself in the best light possible, be kind to yourself and feel good, do what comes naturally, everyone has their own unique abilities and interests so let yourself grow into them, see how far you can go.
 
Someone once said to me "You are enough, just the way you are now." 
This was so soothing, I could take a deep breath and relax. I didn't have to change myself, I didn't have to be like someone else. I quit trying to change to become something I wasn't, this realization is very freeing. 
Once I got into that statement and felt it, I naturally was inspired to pursue my own interests
that have led me all over the world and contentment in my own backyard as well.
 
YOU ARE THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE so Enjoy yourself
 
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.
Anyway, 
I am a bit of a Wise One too, I can't help it, that also comes naturally, I want everyone to feel good, really. So if I can pass on the keys to a happier life I am happy to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment